112 university students in Bursa hospitalized amid food poisoning suspicion
The students, who are staying at a dormitory linked to Uludağ University, fell sick after eating and were rushed to the university’s hospital suffering from nausea and vomiting.
An official from the provincial dormitories directorate said the general condition of the students is stable and they have started to be discharged from the hospital.
“A total of 1,112 students are staying at the dormitory and 112 of them were hospitalized. No student is in a critical condition,” Hüseyin Uysal said.
Uysal also said that food has been prepared at the dormitory’s kitchen, not ordered from a catering firm.
“After that, necessary measures will be taken. We have given samples to the provincial directorate of the Food, Agriculture and Livestock Ministry. When we get the results we’ll find out the reason for the poisoning,” he added.