Iraqi family dies due to gas leak in Istanbul
CİHAN photoFive people, including two children, were found dead in a house in Istanbul’s Fatih district today, with the cause of death being a natural gas leak, according to initial reports.
Two women, two children and a man were found dead in an apartment building in Fatih. Ambulances and teams from Istanbul Gas Distribution Industry and Trade Incorporated Company (İGDAŞ) have been dispatched to the area.
The family reportedly came from Iraq two days ago and were staying at their relative’s house.
The family members were identified as Ali İsmet Kadret (45), his wife Selve Abbas (44), and their children Melde Kadret (14), Ümran Kadret (11) and Abdullah Kadret (9).