One released in elevator crash accident in Istanbul killing 10 workers
ISTANBUL – Doğan News Agency
DHA PhotoAn Istanbul court has decided to release one of the four arrested suspects in the case of the elevator accident at an Istanbul construction site that left 10 workers dead.
The court hearing the trial about the Sept. 10 workplace accident, when 10 workers in Istanbul’s central Mecidiyeköy were killed after the collapse of an industrial elevator, decided to release one of the four arrested suspects after hearing their testimonies on Dec. 24.
A total of 25 suspects, of them three arrested, are being tried before the court about the accident.
Adem Akyıldız, the suspect who was released pending trial, said in his testimony that he had been working as a montage personnel for six months at the Geda Majör firm, the company that owns the elevator that crashed from the 31st floor of the construction site, and that he was at the site during the accident to repair the elevator.
Turgay Dalkıç, another suspect, said he had not received any training on the maintenance of the elevators at the construction site but had worked together with Germans at Torunlar Company, the owner of the construction site, and had received a certificate for it.