3,000 FETÖ members infiltration of military exposed: Minister
ANKARA – Anadolu Agency
Speaking to deputies in parliament, Canikli said these suspected members of what the authorities call the Fetullahist Terrorist Organization (FETÖ) would be dismissed from the military through statutory decrees in the days to come.
Followers of Gülen are widely believed to have orchestrated the July 2016 coup attempt, which left 250 people dead and nearly 2,200 injured.
“This struggle will continue until the whole structure of the organization is exposed and its crypto structure is uncovered,” Canikli said.
His comments came during a parliamentary session on extending the ongoing state of emergency in Turkey for three more months.
On April 18, the Turkish Parliament ratified a Prime Ministry motion extending the ongoing state of emergency.
Eight FETÖ-linked suspects detained in Ankara
Meanwhile, eight suspects were detained in Ankara on April 18 over suspected links to FETÖ.
Among the suspects were seven members of the top administrative court and the Council of State.
In a statement, the Ankara Chief Public Prosecutor’s Office said detention warrants had been issued for the suspects, who are accused of using ByLock - an encrypted mobile phone application once used within FETÖ to communicate - and financing the terror group.