Turkey releases details of state of emergency moves
ANKARA- Anadolu Agency
Turkey on May 3 released a report detailing the decisions taken during its state of emergency in the aftermath of a 2016 coup bid.
The Inquiry Commission on the State of Emergency Measures said the actions included dismissal from public service, cancellation of scholarships and closure of some institutions.
“Classification, registration and archiving of a total of 470,000 files [...] have been completed,” the commission said in a statement.
Some 125,678 people were dismissed from public service, 3,213 people annulled of their ranks, and 270 student scholarships canceled.
Also, 126,120 people have applied for reassessment so far and the commission has completed 70,406 inquiries.
From Dec. 22, 2017 to May 3, 2019 some 5,250 applications were accepted while 65,156 of them were rejected.
There are still 55,714 pending applications.
The commission announces 1,200 decisions every week following a thorough examination.
The applicants can track their appeals on the commission's website.
The commission was established on May 22, 2017 after the defeated coup attempt in order to assess and conclude the applications.
FETÖ and its U.S.-based leader Fetullah Gülen orchestrated the defeated coup of July 15, 2016, which left 251 people killed and nearly 2,200 injured.