Tech journalist Kuzuloğlu released after detention in Gülen probe
Banu Şen - İZMİR
Technology journalist M. Serdar Kuzuloğlu was released late on Nov. 1 after being detained as part of an investigation into the Fethullahist Terrorist Organization (FETÖ), accused of orchestrating last year’s failed coup attempt.
Kuzuloğlu was among six people detained on Nov. 1 in relation to operations against the Gülen network in six provinces across the country.
“I am being detained as part of the FETÖ investigation. I cannot believe it,” Kuzuloğlu said in a tweet, which was later deleted, prompting rumors about the detention.
But Kuzuloğlu’s relatives had confirmed the reports of his detention.
It was later revealed that the tweet had been scheduled beforehand.
It was revealed that Kuzuloğlu was detained in light of the testimony of a confessor who had previously been detained as a part of the Gülen probe in the Ödemiş district of the western province of İzmir and released due to effective remorse.
Kuzuloğlu was released hours after testifying to the police upon the instruction of a prosecutor.
He released a statement on his official website regarding the detention, acknowledging security personnel for their kind behavior, his lawyers and those who showed support on social media after his detention
“It was one of the longest and most overwhelming days of my life. We experienced that. Let’s say never mind. I once again thought to myself: May God leave nobody deprived of their freedom even for a minute,” Kuzuloğlu said.