PKK set to hold civilian demonstrations on Sept 1: Intel report
ANKARA – Hürriyet
PKK starts withdrawing from Turkey in May. DHA PhotoAn intelligence report, jointly prepared by Turkish security organizations, has warned that the outlawed Kurdistan Workers’ Party (PKK) will participate in civil disobedience actions in several southeastern provinces on Sept. 1.
The report, jointly prepared by the National Intelligence Organization (MİT), police, and gendarmerie, warned against the PKK actions in the southeastern provinces of Diyarbakır, Hakkari, Şırnak, and Van on Sept. 1. The report said the actions aim to erase the PKK’s image as an armed group and create a more civilian image. The PKK is strengthening its roots while operations against them have been halted with the ongoing peace process, according to the report.
The intelligence report said first civilian demonstrations will first take place before transforming into “bloody attacks.” It also said that four PKK militants, who previously participated in violent attacks, have entered the country.