‘Glee’ star Monteith’s death was accidental
MONTREAL - Agence France-Presse
Cory Monteith, the Canadian star of TV series ‘Glee,’ died of an accidental overdose of heroin and alcohol. AP photoCory Monteith, the Canadian star of the wildly popular TV musical series “Glee,” died of an accidental overdose of heroin and alcohol, the British Columbia coroner’s office said Oct. 2.
The office earlier had released the drugs involved at the time of his death but had not stated if the death was believed a suicide or an accident.
“Coroner Claire Thompson concluded that Mr. Monteith, aged 31, died of mixed drug toxicity, involving intravenous heroin use combined with the ingestion of alcohol,” coroner’s office spokeswoman Barb McLintock said. “The death has been ruled accidental,” the statement added.
Monteith, who had struggled in the past with substance abuse and checked into a rehab facility in April, was found dead July 13.