Countdown starts for Istanbul’s Filmekimi
Our Little SisterOrganized by the Istanbul Foundation for Culture and Arts (IKSV) for the 14th time, this year’s Filmekimi will once again bring cinephiles together at several cities across Turkey.
This year’s 14th Filmekimi will feature films that have premiered at prestigious international film festivals, such as Sundance, Berlin, Cannes, Venice, and Toronto, and received numerous awards, as well as the latest works of master directors such as Woody Allen, Noah Baumbach, Stephen Frears, Michel Gondry, Todd Haynes, Hirokazu Kore-eda, Nanni Moretti, and Paolo Sorentino.
The Turkish premieres of Can Evrenol’s “Baskın” (Raid) and Ben Hopkins’ “Yearning” will also be held at this year’s Filmekimi.
The festival will be in Istanbul for nine days between Oct. 3 and 11 before touring the cities of Ankara, Izmir, Trabzon, Bursa, and Edirne throughout October.
In Istanbul, the festival headed over to the Asian side district of Kadıköy for the first time last year, and this year Filmekimi will hold screenings at Beyoğlu and Atlas Cinemas in the Beyoğlu district, Rexx Cinema in Kadıköy, and Feriye Cinema in the Bosphorus neighborhood of Ortaköy.
As in previous years, the screening times at these theaters will be 11.00, 13.30, 16.00, 19.00, and 21.30.
In Ankara, Filmekim will be held at the Büyülü Fener Kızılay Theater between Oct. 2 and 4; in İzmir it will be at the Karaca Theater between Oct. 9 and 12; in Trabzon it will be at the Atapark Avşar Theater between Oct. 16 and 18; in Bursa it will be at the Cinetech Korupark Theater between Oct. 23 and 25; in Edirne it will be at the Cinemarine Theater between Oct. 23 and 25.
The films in this year’s Filmekimi program include:
- Irrational Man / Woody Allen
- Dheepan / Jacques Audiard
- Mistress America / Noah Baumbach
- The Measure Of A Man / Stéphane Brizé
- Ixcanul / Jayro Bustamante
- Life / Anton Corbijn
- Lolo / Julie Delpy
- My Golden Days / Arnaud Desplechin
- The Witch / Robert Eggers
- Baskın / Can Evrenol
- Chronic / Michel Franco
- The Program / Stephen Frears
- Ex Machina / Alex Garland
- Tale Of Tales Matteo Garrone
- Marguerite / Xavier Giannoli
- Me And Earl And The Dying Girl / Alfonso Gomez-Rejon
- Microbe And Gasoline / Michel Gondry
- Rams / Grímur Hakonarson
- Carol / Todd Haynes
- Yearning / Ben Hopkins
- Coin Locker Girl / Han Jun-Hee
- An / Naomi Kawase
- Our Little Sister Hirokazu Kore-Eda
- The Lobster / Yorgos Lanthimos
- El Club / Pablo Larraín
- A Perfect Day / Fernando León De Aranoa
- Slow West / John Maclean
- Knight of Cups / Terrence Malick
- The High Sun / Dalibor Matanić
- La Patota / Santiago Mitre
- My Mother / Nanni Moretti
- Babai / Visar Morina
- The Second Mother / Anna Muylaert
- Son of Saul / László Nemes
- Valley Of Love / Guillaume Nicloux France
- London Road / Rufus Norris
- Nahid / Ida Panahandeh
- The Treasure / Corneliu Porumboiu
- Argentina / Carlos Saura
- Freeheld / Peter Sollett
- Youth / Paolo Sorrentino
- Louder Than Bombs / Joachim Trier
- The Brand New Testament / Jaco Van Dormael
- From Affar / Lorenzo Vigas
- Cemetery Of Splendour / Apichatpong Weerasethakul
- Maryland / Alice Winocour
- Mountains May Depart / Jia Zhang-Ke