Two men found dead at home in Fatih

Two men found dead at home in Fatih

Two men found dead at home in Fatih

DHA Photo

Two men were found dead at a house in Istanbul’s Fatih district due to alleged poisoning by carbon monoxide, Anatolia news agency has reported.

Murat Demiroğlu, 45, and an unnamed man in his 30s, were found dead in the former’s house, after friends became worried that they had not heard from him. Police have launched an investigation.

Witnesses said there was a carbon monoxide smell at the house.

The Istanbul gas distribution agency, İGDAŞ, said in a statement that its preliminary investigation at the scene discovered that the flue pipe of the natural gas central heating boiler was dislocated for an unknown reason, according to daily Hürriyet.

“The exact causes of the deaths will become clearer after detailed investigation at the crime scene,” it added.