Police detain 14 ex-ministry staff over Gülen links
At least 14 people, including former Prime Ministry’s employees, were detained in the capital Ankara on Dec. 8 for their alleged links to the Fethullahist Terrorist Organization (FETÖ), accused of being behind last year’s coup attempt.
The detentions came after warrants had been issued for 20 FETÖ-linked suspects, including three justice ministry’s employees, according to a statement issued by the Ankara Chief Public Prosecutor’s Office.
The other 17 suspects are former Prime Ministry employees, the statement said.
Separately, dozens of suspects have been detained across the country after Istanbul Public Prosecutor’s Office issued arrest warrants for 56 suspects, who have been accused of using the ByLock mobile app.
Police teams have conducted simultaneous operations in 19 provinces, including İzmir, Kayseri and Adıyaman, a police official said on Dec. 8.