British tourist out of intensive care after attack in Turkey’s Marmaris
Dwayne Ward was discovered early June 25 in a park in Marmaris, a tourist attracting western province, naked, robed and with several cuts all over his body. Hürriyet photoDwayne Ward, the 17-year-old British tourist who was stabbed several times and left in a park in Turkey’s Marmaris last week, was discharged from the intensive care unit, while doctors are hopeful for a full recovery.
After being discharged from the intensive care unit, Ward spoke for the first time since the attack on June 25 and said he could only remember being hit with a hard object, British daily Mail reported on its website. “I don’t remember the rest,” Ward is quoted as saying.
Ward was discovered early June 25 in a park in Marmaris, a tourist attracting western province, naked, robed and with several cuts all over his body. He was on vacation with his elder brother Darren and mother Doris.
Ward is quoted as saying he was out having fun when he kissed a girl in a bar and was then hit by a hard object soon afterwards in another bar.
Doris Ward, the mother, said she hoped her son would not remember what had happened to him. “They left him there to die,” the mother was quoted saying according to Turkish daily Hürriyet.
One of the two suspects A.D., 31, was arrested on June 27 after an in-depth investigation and the second suspect İ.A., 24, was arrested shortly afterwards in the Anatolian province of Konya, approximately 600 kilometers away from Marmaris. Both of the suspects, who admitted to the attack and were charged with looting, attempted murder and sexual assault, were taken into custody, Turkish Anadolu agency reported.