Anadolu Agency under cyber-attack: deputy PM
Deputy Prime Minister Bülent Arınç. AA PhotoAnadolu Agency has faced 24 cyber-attacks so far this year, mostly from the U.S., Canada and China, Deputy Prime Minister Bülent Arınç said on July 4.
In reply to a written parliamentary question by Nationalist Movement Party (MHP) deputy Özcan Yeniçeri, the agency has taken measures in order to advance Internet security infrastructure since January 2014, Arınç said.
Cyber-attacks on computer network blitz of Higher Institution of Atatürk Culture, Language and History, and to its sub-institutions have been intensified, since Jan. 1, 2014, Arınç said, noting these attacks were unorganized, mostly targeting institutional networks in a way of seeking weakness and port scanning.
In the first five months, a total of 2,030 attacks were carried out against these institutions from sources in different countries, but mostly from Chinese networks, he noted.
There has been no loss of information due to or setback in services over the cyber-attacks, merely two days of hitch occurred in the services of the Turkish language society, Arınç said.