Lebanese court files lawsuit against 13 people in Turkish pilots’ abduction
BEIRUT - Anadolu Agency
A Lebanon channel has aired animated footage of the two Turkish pilots' abduction. DHA PhotoA Lebanese court has filed a lawsuit against 13 family members of nine Lebanese pilgrims who were abducted in Syria’s Azaz city in May 2012 in connection with the kidnapping of two Turkish pilots on Aug. 9 in Beirut.
Of the 13 people, three were said to be detained. Security sources told Anadolu Agency that they had already launched investigations to find out where the Turkish pilots were being kept.
Lebanese Prime Minister Najib Miqati said Aug. 20 that the Lebanese government was exerting efforts to learn the fate of the two Turkish pilots.
The pilots, Murat Akpınar and Murat Ağca, were kidnapped Aug. 9 by a group demanding Turkey use its influence with Syria’s rebels, who it backs, to secure the release of the nine Lebanese Shiites kidnapped in Syria.