Ekonomist magazine names Koç family as richest in Turkey
Mustafa Koç (L) and Rahmi Koç (R), Hürriyet photoTurkey’s Koç family, the owner of important companies in sectors across the Turkish economy, is the country’s richest family, according to the results of the weekly Ekonomist journal’s survey of the nation’s richest 100 families.
The family was followed by the Şahenk family, which owns Doğuş Holding, while the Ülker family was third with its Yıldız Holding.
The rest of the top 10 were as follows:
4. Erol Sabancı and his family, Sabancı Holding;
5. Türkan Sabancı and her family, S. Sabancı Holding;
6. Şevket Sabancı and his family, Esas Holding;
7. Şarık Tara, Enka Holding;
8. Eczacıbaşı Family, Eczacıbaşı Holding;
9. Doğan Family, Doğan Holding;
10.Yazıcı Ailesi, Anadolu Group.