Rasim Ozan Kütahyalı was arrested on May 18, 2026. (AA photo)
Turkish media personality Rasim Ozan Kütahyalı has been released after being detained and jailed in a major investigation into alleged illegal betting, aggravated fraud, bribery and money laundering.
Kütahyalı was arrested on May 18 as part of an operation coordinated by the Adana Chief Public Prosecutor’s Office across 21 provinces. A total of 200 suspects were targeted in the investigation, with 135 subsequently remanded in custody. Kütahyalı was released on Aug. 18 following an objection filed by his lawyer.
The investigation also implicated bank executives, police officers and lawyers, while authorities imposed seizure and trustee measures on three electronic payment companies, three jewelers and a foreign exchange office. Assets seized included 221 properties, 120 vehicles and three boats allegedly linked to suspects and companies.
The case file includes reports by Türkiye’s Financial Crimes Investigation Board (MASAK), which prosecutors said identified suspicious financial transactions involving Kütahyalı. According to the reports, he had a total transaction volume of approximately 46.5 million Turkish Liras with another suspect, identified as Batuhan Ö.
Kütahyalı denied membership in any criminal organization and said he did not know most of the individuals or companies named in the investigation. He told prosecutors that he had allowed his credit card to be used to obtain cash during a period of financial difficulty, saying the money transferred to his accounts originated from transactions made with his own card.
Justice Minister Akın Gürlek said MASAK reports, along with surveillance, indicated that about 100 billion liras and $2 billion in suspected criminal proceeds had been laundered through the financial system. The allegations remain under investigation.