Kuwait Shiite mosque bomber was Saudi national: ministry
KUWAIT CITY - Agence France-Presse
A man reacts next to coffins of victims of Friday's bombing at the Imam Sadeq mosque in Kuwait City, at the international airport in Najaf, south of Baghdad, June 27, 2015. REUTERS photoA suicide bomber who carried out a deadly attack claimed by the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) group on a Shiite mosque in Kuwait was a Saudi national, the interior ministry said June 28.
In a statement carried by the official KUNA news agency, the ministry identified the attacker as Fahd Suleiman Abdulmohsen al-Qaba'a.
The ministry said that Qaba'a entered the country through Kuwait Airport at dawn on June 26, the same day of the bombing.
ISIL claimed the attack, which killed 26 and wounded 227 worshippers at the Al-Imam Al-Sadeq mosque in Kuwait City.
The ministry statement provided no further details about the bomber.
Earlier on June 28, the ministry said that security services arrested the driver of the car that transported the bomber to the site of the attack.
Authorities have also detained the owner of the house where the bomber was staying. He was described by the interior ministry as a Kuwaiti national who subscribes to "extremist and deviant ideology".
The driver, named as Abdulrahman Sabah Eidan Saud, was described as an "illegal resident" born in 1989.
Authorities on June 27 arrested the owner of the car, Jarrah Nimr Mejbil Ghazi, born in 1988, and also listed as a stateless person.