Arts & Life
Top 10 waterfront restaurants in Türkiye
Top 10 waterfront restaurants in Türkiye
Whether it is the gorgeous Bosphorus or the biblical River Euphrates, Turkey provides many options for those who would like to dine at a waterfront venue. Click through for the top 10 waterfront restaurants in Turkey selected by Hürriyet Travel’s jury of experts.
1) The best spot of the Bosphorus: Lacivert/Istanbul - If you are in Istanbul, have a dinner in a windy Bosphorus evening against Rumelihisar. You will be mesmerized by the view and the renewed menu of the chef Hüseyin Ceylan. You should definitely taste broiled salmon steak, veal chops, and fried calamari. You should also taste the special brunch, which is only prepared during the weekends.
2) Traditional and innovative: Ferdi Baba/İzmir - Both sides of the restaurant, which is designed in an L-shape, are surrounded by the sea. The taste of the seafood and the view are the highlights of the restaurant. “They know the seafood business, in terms of distinguishing the fresh and good ones and cooking them. They process all kinds of sea products, both in traditional and innovative ways,” comments Nilay Örnek. The restaurant has two branches, in Çeşme Marina and in Alaçatı Köyiçi.
A romantic sunset: Mimoza/Muğla - “It is one of the best places in the world to watch the sunset. In addition to the decoration, which is unique to the Mediterranean, the place is quite special with its excellent unique appetizers. On a windy Gümüşlük evening, I suggest you to taste grilled octopus, roasted angler fish, shrimp stew, sea beans, and the special salad should be tried,” comments Ferit Özkaşıkçı.
4) The world of appetizers: Bay Nihat/Balıkesir - Depending on your choice, you may have your meal in the authentic atmosphere of the old Rum stone building or by the sea. “This is the world of the appetizers. Baby octopus cooked with wine, roasted sprat, octopus leg with eggplant puree, stuffed squid and sour cherry jam with cheese curd as dessert should definitely be tasted,” recommends Ebru Erke. Photo: stolekg / Alamy
5) By the sea: Mufla/ Muğla - Having become famous recently, the kitchen of Mufla, which is on the Yalıkavak coast, prepares the specialties of Turkish, Crete and Mediterranean cuisines. “Since I went there for the first time this year, Mufla by the sea, has impressed me the most with its view and location,” says Müge Akgün.
6) Innovative tastes: Sofram Balık / Istanbul - If you are travelling to Tekirdağ, take a break at Sofram, which is by the sea. The seafood is always fresh and farm fish is not used. “Colorful, innovative, and creative with appetizers made of fish products, the excellent service and the high standards; it should definitely be visited,” says Ufuk Kaan Altın.
7) The fish of the cove: Bozburun Balıkçısı/ Muğla - In addition to the fresh fish of the Ada Boğaz Cove, and the other seafood specialties, vegan and grill specialties are also served here. “With the extraordinary food, ambiance and service, Bozburun Balıkçısı is definitely my favorite place,” says Saffet Emre Tonguç. Photo: Mark Bolton Photography / Alamy
8) Appetizers of Crete: Yengeç/İzmir - Situated in a stone building built in the 1860s, the seafood restaurant is by the sea on the Urla Pier. It must definitely be visited to have a taste of the historic appetizers of the Crete Island. There are 110 kinds of appetizers, 28 of them are unique to this place. Twenty-eight kinds of fish according to the season and 16 kinds of desserts are also served. Photo: muART / Alamy
9) 43 years of experience: Dalyan Restaurant/İzmir - The Cevat’s Place restaurant has been serving since 1975. Calamari, bass and octopus salad are the favorite dishes of the restaurant. “The precious restaurant of Ceşme, the address for the gourmets… Do not leave Ceşme without enjoying your fish by the sea during sunset,” says Aynur Tartan.
19) By River Euphrates: Sahil Restaurant/Şanlıurfa - Not all seaside restaurants have to be by seas. Sahil Restaurant has the best view of the River Euphrates. In addition to different kinds of kebab, bass, carp, and trout grill are also served. “The best eggplant kebab can be eaten here,” Aylin Öney Tan recommends. Photo: Images & Stories / Alamy
Global South needs $2 trillion a year to tame, cope with climate
Winter arrives in Turkey as snowfall hits metropolises
Kütahya province welcomes winter with snowfall
Ancient Dara captivates tourists
Ancient Patara lures visitors
Enchanting sunset scenery from 'Little Venice'
Blanket of snow covers renowned crater lake
Frozen Lake Çıldır lures visitors
Postcard-like winter views from Turkey's Bitlis