Turkey has list of suicide bombing suspects: PM
AA photoTurkey has a list of suspects who may carry out suicide bombings but cannot take legal action unless suspects commit a suicide attack, Turkish Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoğlu has said, in the wake of a deadly bombing attack in Ankara, believed by to be a suicide bombing.
“They [the suspects] are kept on record. However, legal action cannot be taken until the realization of the criminal act [suicide bombing],” Davutoğlu told private broadcaster NTV during an interview at the Justice and Development Party (AKP) headquarters in the Turkish capital on Oct. 12, according to the state-run Anadolu Agency.
Davutoğlu said if any legal action is taken against suicide bombing suspects before the criminal act, there may be another act committed in protest by other suspects.
“It was definitely a suicide bombing. DNA tests are being conducted. It was determined how the suicide bombers got there. We’re close to specify a name, which points to one group,” Davutoğlu previously said on Oct. 12, two days after the deadly Ankara bombings that killed more than 90 people and wounded hundreds of others at the heart of the Turkish capital ahead of a peace demonstration early Oct. 10.