More dismissals from military on the way, Turkey’s defense minister says
ANKARAMore dismissals from the military are on the way for individuals suspected of ties to the Fethullahist Terrorist Organization (FETÖ), but certain numbers cannot yet be given, Defense Minister Fikri Işık said on July 4.
“More names [linked to FETÖ] could be notified [to officials], so we do not see it appropriate to give a number yet. This work is being undertaken within our ministry,” Işık told state broadcaster TRT Haber.
“We have experienced July 15 [last year’s failed coup attempt]. There were traitors dressed in soldiers’ uniforms. But there are many heroic unnamed military personnel who fought against them,” he added.
“We see the biggest support in the fight against FETÖ from our military personnel. Why? Because soldiers go to war, go to death. They have to trust their friends by their side,” Işık said.