Four wanted in Reyhanlı investigation
ADANA – Anatolian News Agency
Four suspects are being searched for by Turkish security forces as part of a Reyhanlı bombings probe, the Hatay Governor's Office has announced on its website. Some 18 people were detained with 12 of them arrested and six released pending on trial so far, the statement said yesterday.
Five new suspects in the Reyhanlı bombings case were arrested on May 20 by the Adana courthouse, with Interior Minister Muammer Güler saying that three or four were “prime suspects.”
Seven others had already been arrested, bringing to 12 the number who are now under arrest.
Meanwhile, another investigation has been launched by the Hatay Public Prosecutor’s Office into “public servants who committed negligence before and after the Reyhanlı attacks.”
In a written statement, the Hatay Public Prosecutor’s Office said today that the claims of negligence were being investigated thoroughly to find out why different security departments and officials failed to properly share information in the run-up to the attacks.
The National Intelligence Organization (MİT) had said it had a tip-off on preparations for a bombing attack and informed the police on the issue.
Some 52 people were killed in Hatay’s Reyhanlı district on May 11 when two car bombs were detonated in the city center.