Firemen put burining gas cylinder on fire near kids
BARTIN - Anatolia News Agency
DHA PhotoChildren attending a kindergarten in the northwestern province of Bartın escaped serious injury today after a fireman accidentally ignited a gas cylinder during a fire exercise.
The cylinder was set on fire to show the children extinguishing techniques, but the firefighters were criticized for demonstrating the measures to close to the pupils and for creating the risk of an explosion.
The students were also affected by dust caused when the firemen extinguished a fire that had been burning in a can in the garden of the school. Teachers at the school told their pupils to close their eyes and mouths and run into the school to escape from the dust.