Family of six found dead at home in Ağrı

Family of six found dead at home in Ağrı

ISTANBUL - Anatolia News Agency
A family of six was found dead in their home in the Doğubeyazıt district of the eastern province of Ağrı yesterday, allegedly due to carbon monoxide poisoning.

Mehmet Sosun, the employer of the family’s eldest son, discovered the bodies of mother Hatun Genceli and her children Muhammet, 6, Şenay, 12, İslam, 13, Ayşe, 15, and Ahmetşah, 22, after Ahmetşah failed to show up at work for two consecutive days.

Sosun decided to visit the family’s home after Ahmetşah failed to answer his phone calls.

The prosecutor’s office launched an investigation into the incident, according to the Doğan news agency.
Police units and paramedics arrived on the scene after being notified by Sosun and found the dead bodies of the entire family.

Authorities indicated the family may have died due to carbon monoxide gas leaking through the heater.

mude, i Turkey, southeast, crime, gas, dead