Aramco IPO ‘on track for second half of 2018’
“We have always said that we will be listing in 2018, and to be more specific, in the second half of 2018,” Nasser saidin an interview with CNBC television.
“The IPO is on track. The listing venue will be discussed and shared in due course,” Nasser told the channel in Riyadh.
The IPO is expected to be the largest in history, raising around $100 billion in much needed revenue for the kingdom, which has posted $200 billion in deficits in the past three fiscal years.
Saudi billionaire Prince Alwaleed bin Talal, whose Kingdom Holding Co. rivals the state-owned Public Investment Fund, has also hinted that Aramco might be headed for even more stock sales in the years to come.
“If you go five percent, there’s nothing that prohibits you from going another five percent next year, and five percent the third year and fourth year, and so forth, depending on the situation,” he told CNBC on Oct. 23.
The potential Aramco listing is a cornerstone of an ambitious economic reform program launched by powerful Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman last year.
The program, known as Vision 2030, aims to balance the Saudi budget after the OPEC kingpin lost hundreds of billions of dollars because of the slump in oil prices.
But the company has struggled to select an international venue for its listing.