Hürriyet Daily News comment guidelines
- The character limit for comments is 500 characters.
- Comments are pre-moderated. The Hürriyet Daily News staff reads the comments before publishing them to maintain a civil atmosphere.
- The Hürriyet Daily News does not publish comments that contain hyperlinks to websites other than www.hurriyetdailynews.com. This is done to prevent phishing and spam messages.
- Comments that call for violence against – or insult – a person, a group of people, people of a certain ethnicity, religion or nation will not be published.
- The Hürriyet Daily News encourages constructive criticism and discussion among its readers. However, name-calling, direct or indirect insults or ad-hominem attacks will not be allowed.
- Attempts to derail an ongoing discussion, hijack or troll the comments section will not be tolerated.
- Racist, homophobic or sexist comments will not be published on the Hürriyet Daily News comments section.
- Only English comments will be published.
- Comments written mostly or entirely in capital letters will not be published as it is considered yelling in Internet conversations.
- The Hürriyet Daily News website reserves the right to ban users who deliberately send comments against its publishing policy.
All of the above rights and conditions are reserved by Hürriyet Gazetecilik ve Matbaacılık A.Ş.
By posting a comment on the Hürriyet Daily News website, users agree to comply with and not to violate Turkish laws, specifically the Law on Intellectual and Artistic Work, the Governmental Decree in Force on the Law on the Protection of Trademarks, the Turkish Commercial Code, the Law on the Protection of Patent Rights, the Turkish Criminal Code and the Turkish Press Code.