200 poisoned by chicken served at village wedding in eastern Turkey
AĞRI – Doğan News AgencySome 200 people were poisoned on Oct. 23 by chicken kebab served at a wedding ceremony in the Dolaklı village of the eastern Turkish province of Ağrı’s Doğubeyazıt district.
Wedding-goers in the village were admitted to the Doğubeyazıt Public Hospital complaining of fever, stomachache and nausea and were later taken under treatment, with the hospital having to call in extra personnel who were on leave.
Two of the patients’ health is reported to be serious, while the treatment of the others affected is ongoing.
The district became the fourth scene of food poisoning incidents in the last two weeks, after two occurred in a school and one occurred in a public hospital. A total of 400 people have been diagnosed with food poisoning in Doğubeyazıt, with one six-year-old boy dying after being taken to hospital.