YouTube reveals top ten videos of 2012
ISTANBUL - Hürriyet Daily News
In this Dec. 1, 2012 file photo, South Korean rapper PSY, who gained popularity from his famous song "Gangnam Style," gives a press conference prior to his concert at the Marina Bay Sands in Singapore. AP photoYouTube revealed on Dec. 18 an annual roundup video called "YouTube Rewind 2012," bringing together the Internet’s most watched and shared 10 videos during the year 2012.
Gangnam Style of the South Korean musician Psy topped the list as the video approached 1 billion views and became YouTube's most-watched video of all time in just 6 months.
"This year, we looked at views, shares, searches, parodies, remixes, and responses to identify the 10 videos that everybody was talking about in 2012," YouTube said in a statement.
Second place was given to the Canadian band Walk off the Earth, who covered Gotye's single, "Somebody that I used to know" by simultaneously playing a single guitar. Their cover became the biggest cover video of the year while Goty's single became an international hit.
At third place is KONY 2012, a controversial 30-minute short film exploring the war crimes of a Ugandian militia leader. Number four went to the lip synch trend of Carly Rae Jepsen's song, "Call Me Maybe," featuring cameos by Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez, Ashley Tisdale and other Tiger Beat stars.
The list continues with:
5. Barack Obama vs Mitt Romney - Epic Rap Battles Of History Season 2
6. TNT advertisement: A dramatic surprise on a quiet square
7. 2012's most entertaining commute by Emmanuel Hudson and Spoken Reasons: Why you asking all them questions? #FCHW
8. Lindsey Stirling's huge hit, the unexpectedly awesome combination of dubstep and violin: Dubstep Violin - Lindsey Stirling - Crystallize
9. A look into father-daughter relationships in the age of social media: Facebook Parenting: For the troubled teen
10. Felix Baumgartner's jump from space: Felix Baumgartner's supersonic free-fall from 128k - Mission Highlights