Turkish resort Bodrum covered in smoke after garbage dump fire
BODRUMA fire that broke out at a garbage site in the Aegean resort of Bodrum on Sept. 17 left the touristic district covered in smoke.
The fire at the garbage site near the Yokuşbaşı neighborhood came after an explosion that occurred due to the accumulation of coal gas.
Some 10 fire trucks, 25 firefighters and waters sprinklers were only able to extinguish the fire after 12 hours of effort.
After the fire was extinguished in the early hours of Sept. 18, the touristic resort in western Turkey was completely covered in smoke.