International impact, activities of group
ISTANBULThe Marmara Group Foundation is a organization member of the United Nations, accredited to the UN Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC). The foundation is also involved in the membership and the activities of the following international organizations:
- Member of the “Intercultural Dialogue Program of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization” (UNESCO),
- Observer member of the “Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe”(OSCE),
- Member of the “Balkan Political Club,”
- Observer member of the “Parliamentary Assembly of the Black Sea Economic Cooperation” (PABSEC),
- Member of the “World Azerbaijani Forum,”
- Member of the “World Mongolian General Assembly”
- Member of the “International Foundation of Cooperation and Partnership of the Black Sea and the Caspian Sea.”The Foundation has a very distinguished membership and follower group including the Former and Current Presidents of Turkey, the Turkish Chiefs of General Staff, the leaders of the Turkish opposition parties, cabinet ministers and high level officials of the government, retired generals and other members of the Turkish defense forces, as well as, high level civil servants, retired ambassadors, presidents of several leading Turkish universities, academics, and members of the media organizations.
- Presidents of Azerbaijan, Bulgaria, Romania, Albania, Croatia, Estonia, Mongolia, Gagauzia and Kosovo; various Prime Ministers and cabinet ministers who participated in the foundation’s meetings, designated the Marmara Foundation as, “among the most prominent NGOs.”
Among these noteworthy achievements, the foundation received the “Medal of St. Benedict”, from His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI; the “State Medal of Honor”, “Dostlug Order” from the President of Azerbaijan; the “Medal of Genghis Khan”, “Medal of Silver Star” from the President of Mongolia, the “Medal of Independence” from the President of Gagauzia, the “Award of Diploma” from the President of Black Sea&Caspian Sea International Fund and the “Medal of Honor”, from the Executive Board of the Eurasian Economic Summits.