Fire breaks out at restaurant of ‘Salt Bae’ in Istanbul
Firefighters sprayed water and extinguished heavy smoke after a fire broke out at the steak house of Nusret Gökçe, the social media phenomenon known as “Salt Bae,” in the Etiler area of Istanbul on Nov. 29.
The fire broke out at the Nusr-Et restaurant at around 10:00 a.m. local time, with smoking rising above the restaurant on Nispetiye Road.
Firefighters soon arrived at the scene and extinguished the fire before it spread, before conducting smoke extraction.
Gökçe, who is a co-partner of the chain, became a social media phenomenon in early 2017 for his meat-cutting and salt-drizzling skills.