Defense chief visits SE province amid blast

Defense chief visits SE province amid blast

HAKKARİ-Anadolu Agency
Defense chief visits SE province amid blast

Turkey’s defense minister on Nov 9 visited southeastern Hakkari province where at least 25 soldiers were injured by an accidental explosion of defective ammunition. 

Hulusi Akar was accompanied by Turkish Chief of General Staff Yaşar Güler and the commander of Turkish Land Forces Ümit Dündar. 

Akar visited the soldiers at Hakkari State Hospital. 

He said there were still ongoing explosions at the army base although they lessened. Due to explosions, a fire was still ongoing, he added. 

“Our search and rescue works continue in the same way,” Akar said. 

The Defense Ministry said earlier on Nov.9 : "Twenty-five of our military personnel were injured today at the Ortaklar Sungu Tepe military base in the Semdinli district when defective ammunition detonated during artillery shooting."

Defense Minister, akar, Hakkari, Explosion