British woman falls ill due to ‘poisonous’ bracelet

British woman falls ill due to ‘poisonous’ bracelet

ISTANBUL - Hürriyet Daily News
British woman falls ill due to ‘poisonous’ bracelet

An archival photo by AFP PHOTO.

A British woman was reportedly poisoned by a toxic bracelet that she bought on eBay, dailymail.co.uk reported.
 
Jo Wollacott, 40, began to have health problems after buying the bracelet two years ago.
 
"A few weeks later I had a really big abscess in my mouth. Then about one month after that I got hives all over my body," the woman said.
 
Day by day she felt worse, broke up with her boyfriend, sold her house and quit her job. She had received treatment in a clinic for mental diseases in 2010 while she was suffering from hallucinations.
 
Her health problems reportedly disappeared when she stopped wearing the bracelet.
 
The woman learned that the bracelet was the main reason for her problems after her son brought home a letter from school warning of the dangers of toxins with a picture of a bracelet.
 
Wollacott immediately took the piece of jewelry to authorities for a toxicology test.
 
It was revealed that the bracelet contained "abrin," a dangerous substance; three micrograms of the drug can kill a person if swallowed, the report said.

poisonous, bracelet