Turkey’s Operation Olive Branch ‘aims to bring 10,000 km2 of Afrin under control’
* To ensure the Turkey-supported Free Syrian Army (FSA) takes control of a 10,000-square kilometer area.
* To eliminate the possibility of losing Turkey’s geographical contact with the Arab world.
* To ensure the security of our borders with Syria.
* To prevent a terrorist organization from opening to the Mediterranean and to the world from here
* To ensure the security and continuation of the Euphrates Shield Operation area.
* To take control of the Tel Rifaat region and ensure the return of civilians to their homelands.
* To counter U.S. support for a terrorist organization.
The office also added three articles stating “Why Afrin is important to Turkey,” cited as follows:
* Afrin is critical in maintaining the security of Turkey’s border provinces and ensuring the security of the Euphrates Shield Operation area.
* The presence of terrorist organizations in Afrin means that the whole of the southern Turkish province of Kilis and most of the Hatay province are within range of terrorist organizations.
* Turkey sees the merging of the Kobane area with Afrin as the most important pillar of the “Kurdish corridor” project.